2012 Cape Wine Makers Guild Tasting [Video]
Wine Cellar joined other media and VIPs at the Cape Town International Convention Centre for this year’s tasting of wines entered into the Cape Wine Makers’ Guild Auction. We chatted to wine makers, buyers and writers, and came across a somewhat controversial wine from Adi Badenhorst.
The Auction will be held on Saturday the 6th of October at the Spier Conference Centre. Wine Cellar will be there and is more than happy to bid on your behalf!
We have also selected our top 10 wines from all the Wine Cellar tasters (David, Roland, Janine, Tessa and Debi).
CWG Proxy Bidding Details
Wine Cellar will proxy bid on your behalf at this year’s 2012 Auction on 6th October
- Prices on the auction are listed per 6-bottle case exclusive VAT
- Wines purchased on your behalf will be charged inclusive 14% VAT along with a 5% proxy bidding fee
- Request must be based on a minimum of a 12-bottle case (1 lot). 6-bottle case requests will be accepted as we may be able to split lots amongst clients
- Please send us your maximum bidding price per 6-bottle lot (exclusive VAT and 5% proxy bidding fee). Our ‘guesstimate’ and the previous average prices should give you a good idea
- We will endeavour to purchase your request on the lowest possible bid of course
- Credit cards payments will be charged at a 3.5% premium
- If a request is purchased within your maximum bid then you are obligated to pay for it
Let us know if you need any more information or would like to discuss any of the wines on auction.
Please send Tessa@winecellar.co.za your requested bids
For more information go to www.capewinemakersguild.co.za