This July, Wine Cellar – Fine Wine Merchants and Cellarers – rocked Cape Town and Jozi with its fourth annual Young Guns tasting, a celebration of innovation and exciting new winemaking talents.
These future legends aren’t afraid to shake things up and push the boundaries with minimal intervention and natural winemaking. Find out more about Young Guns on www.winecellar.co.za.
Angela Lloyd wrote a detailed review on the Cape Town event here, and you can view photos from both Cape Town and Joburg in the gallery below.
The 2014 line-up was as follows:
• Johan Meyer – Mount Abora and Johan Meyer Wines (own label)
• Marelise van Rensburg – Beaumont and Momento (own label)
• Jacques de Klerk – The Winery of Good Hope and Reverie (own label)
• John Seccombe – Thorne and Daughters (own label)
• Mick and Janine Craven – Mulderbosch (Mick) and Dornier (Janine), and Craven Wines (own label)
• Francois Haasbroek – Blackwater Wine (own label)
• Jasper Wickens – Badenhorst Family Wines and Swerwer (own label)