This Wednesday, Wine Cellar is looking forward to hosting our ‘Burgundy 2014: Top Whites and Classic Reds‘ tasting. Considering how small the vintage of 2014 was, we cannot wait to show off our newly-arrived allocation of 2014 Burgundies.
According to Stephan Brook of Decanter, the whites from 2014 are rated 5/5 and the reds are 4/5, being described as ‘classic’. So, to celebrate this much-lauded vintage, the upcoming tasting will focus on wines from the prized vineyards of Hudelot Noëllat, Henri Boillot and Joseph Drouhin.
Despite Burgundy’s declining yields and the rising demand for the region’s wines, there is still good value to be found. These are some of Wine Cellar’s top value Burgundy picks:
- Joseph Drouhin, Macon-Bussieres Les Clos 2014 (read our recent offer on this wine)
- Joseph Drouhin, Chablis Vaudon 2014
- Joseph Drouhin, Laforet Chardonnay 2014
- Heritiers des Comtes Lafon, Macon Clos de la Crochette 2014
- Daniel Dampt, Chablis 2014
- Hudelot Noellat, Bourgogne Pinot Noir 2014
- Joseph Drouhin, Cote de Nuits-Villages 2014
- Burgundy 2014, Village 6-Pack