According to The Drinks Business, Christie’s Hong Kong fine wine auction will feature a selection of ‘grand cru’ wines from SA in their top billing for the first time ever. This is momentous occasion for our local wine industry as South African wines have never before been given centre stage at a major wine auction outside of the country.
After enlisting Michael Fridjohn’s help, Christie’s will be including 12-bottle cases of the following SA wines:
- Boekenhoutskloof, Cabernet Sauvignon 2006
- Delaire Graff, ‘Laurence Graff’ Cabernet Reserve 2013
- Jordan, Nine Yards Chardonnay 2015
- Mullineux, Schist Syrah 2014
- Steenberg, Magna Carta 2012
- Vergelegen, GVB 2005
- Vilafonté, Series ‘M’ 2007
There will also be a few 3-bottle Klein Constantia cases including the Vin de Constance 2008, 2011 and 2012 and 6 bottles of the Kanonkop Paul Sauer 1995.
All the wines will be shipped directly from each of the producer’s private cellars as they are no longer available on the market. The auction is set to take place in Hong Kong on 17 March and this is sure to propel SA wine into the East.