Permanent, full-time position
Observatory, Cape Town
Hours: 8 am to 5 pm
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, self-driven marketing graduate with a passion for wine, digital marketing and e-commerce. If this is you, we want you to join our growing team in Observatory, Cape Town.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Uploading new products (wine, events, etc.) to the website and then managing and updating the online product database on a consistent basis by sourcing relevant and up-to-date product information. This includes sourcing blend information, tasting notes, critic scores, producer information, bottle shots, etc. and copywriting soft-sell content for product pages.
- General website updates, including content creation and landing page updates. This includes writing new SEO-focused content, updating outdated information and links, managing redirects as well as SEO metatags and descriptions.
- Writing weekly blog posts by finding relevant topics to write about and creating interesting, newsworthy or soft-sell content.
- Assisting with direct email campaigns from Mailchimp including proof-reading, testing links and reporting on the traffic and e-commerce results.
- Assisting with social media by writing interesting copy, scheduling posts and monitoring engagement and audiences.
- Producing print and digital marketing material for events, including tasting mats, order forms, slideshows and other event materials.
- Assisting with reporting from our online store platform, Google Analytics and Google Ads.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Marketing or Business
- Sound communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable using Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Experience using WordPress
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CMS platforms
- Proficiency in Photoshop or InDesign
- An interest in wine
- Advantageous: Basic Goo
gle Ads and Analytics experience
- Advantageous: Experience in the wine industry
- Must have own transport
- Must be based in Cape Town
- Market-related and based on the candidate’s experience.
Please send your CV and a short cover letter introducing yourself to Paige@winecellar.co.za. Please include the job title – Digital Marketing Assistant – and your full name in the email subject line.