This Sunday at 11 am, Strauss & Co will be hammering down lots from 3 of South Africa’s greatest producers – Boekenhoutskloof, Kanonkop and Klein Constantia. We’re incredibly proud of the 130-lot line-up, which includes mature and younger vintages from these world-renowned estates.
The Boekenhoutskloof selection includes the 1997 Syrah, a modern-day legend, as well as 5 vintages of the extremely rare The Journeyman. Kanonkop is represented by fine, mature vintages of all their flagship wines including 20 vintages of Paul Sauer. Lot 54 offers 3 decades of Paul Sauer Jeroboams which is not only truly unique but also the highest value lot we have ever auctioned! From Klein Constantia there are 18 vintages of Vin de Constance, one of the world’s greatest wines, including the legendary 1987 which was their first commercial release.
The auctioneers will be conducting the sale in real-time from 2 physical salerooms in Johannesburg and Cape Town, while bidders and viewers participate from the comfort of their homes around the world. After the unprecedented excitement and success of the last live virtual auction, we highly recommend tuning in to watch as the bidding commences.
Please note, all wines purchased on auction will be delivered post Lockdown restrictions.
- All prospective buyers need to register online here before Sunday for the live bidding.
- Regardless of whether you’ve previously registered on Strauss Online, all bidders will need to register for a new paddle number.
- The sale will be livestreamed via the Strauss & Co website which is integrated with Invaluable.com.
- To watch the livestream at 11 am, follow the links on the Strauss & Co website.
- For any enquiries, please contact Sarah Jordaan via +27 82 922 2594 or email@example.com.